Thursday 1 September 2011

Here we go - the September rollercoaster

Finally, the month of chaos is here. September sees me with a total of 8 days teaching on a fieldcourse (incidentally this absence quadruples the maximum time I have been away from home in one block since I had my first child), 5 days away at other conferences/meetings, 3 full day meetings in the office and approx 33 hours on long distance trains. This leaves 6 days unaccounted for in the office, but these will be taken up with preparation for all the meetings, and indeed for the new University term which starts in early October here. My youngest child moves rooms at nursery while I am away.

Now ordinarily I like roller-coasters, but only when I can freely wave my hands in the air and scream loudly - possibly not acceptable in a working environment.

Roll on October, when ironically, although the students are back, things will be a bit quieter.

No comments:

Post a Comment