Thursday 19 May 2011

Professor (elect) at last...

So, after 10 years of lecturing, last week I got my promotion to Professor (from the coming October) confirmed. I work in a physical science based department in a research intensive University in the UK and am one of 3 female professors on a faculty staff of 25 or so. I've worked hard to get where I am, and had two maternity breaks in the last 4 years (now have 2 pre-school age children). I thought it was time to embrace some new things, and to find a space to talk about academia, women and family. I am hoping there will be some interesting discussions, and to meet some new colleagues from across the world. Female Physical Science Professors are still a relatively rare species so there's a chance something I blog about might be useful to those still climbing the ladder - I hope so! I don't promise to be blogging every day, but I'll be here pretty often.

For now though, I've got a Board of Studies to go to....

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogoverse and happy blogging trails!

    ReplyDelete